Tuesday 4 September 2012

Raspberry and Blackberry recipes

Berry picking will soon be upon us and I can't wait!!!  I made jam for the first time last year and loved every minute of it, even the two and a half hours I spent walking round the local countryside trying to find berries on bushes (my husband says I do anything to save a penny or two, I just can't resist a bargain!!), it was soooo worth it :)

This year I thought I'd still like to make some jam but also something else....and that 'something else' is what I have been on a quest for.  I only have wild raspberry and blackberry bushes growing near me, so obviously I only found recipes that include these, and oooo it was hard to pick!!  But here's my collection of fruity delights, so now when the time arises I can easily peruse through and let my taste buds decide on my 'something else' mmmmm..............

Raspberry Pie
                                                                         Raspberry Pie

4.jpg


Freezing raspberries. Credit: Neil Hepworth/RHS

Blackberry coulis

Blackberry honey creams

Blackberry Crumb Bars

Now come on berries and hurry up and ripen!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment