Friday 17 August 2012

Tuna Pasta Salad


I like to have a nosey at the salad bar for inspiration for dishes I can  make at home for cheaper and in bulk!!  So this recipe is the product of one such nosey :)  This dish is great for hot days (and/or stressful ones) as it doesn't take too long to cook, so we always have this a lot in the summer.

Ingredients
500g pasta
2 cans of tuna (185g), drained
1 can of sweetcorn (325g), drained
1 green pepper, cut into small chunks
1 cup of salad cream

Cook pasta and drain...just a note - I like to add a dash of olive oil to the water while the pasta is cooking, I have no idea if this helps it not to stick together, but I do it anyway lol!!

Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, it's ready to be served :)  If you are going to eat it cold, let it cool down first before covering it and then store in the fridge.  Just before serving, add a little more salad cream to 'freshen' it up.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment